In this class you should expect to have fun, work hard, and learn
What we expect from you
- We expect everyone to enter this room ready to learn
- We expect everyone to never give up.
- We will work on hard things.
- We will not always get them right the first or even second time, but we
won’t give up.
- We will support one another. Life is hard, for kids and adults.
- Life's better when the people around you stand up for and encourage you. -
Let’s be those people for each other.
- Know that we are here for you if you have a question, a concern, a problem
or a stress.
- We are so glad that you are a part of our classroom family.
- We can’t wait for the amazing things we will accomplish this year.
- Sanitize your hands BEFORE you are seated
- Have a seat in assigned seat and begin following instructions on the board
- Come in, get out your fully charged chromebook, library book, and
composition notebook, and writing utensil.
- Your backpack should be hung on the back of your chair
- Get straight to work
- You will be counted tardy if you are not seated and working at the bell
- You should ALWAYS sit in your assigned seat.
- You may not move without permission. This is important to keeping one
- Your assigned seat will be adjusted by the teacher as needed.
You will need:
- 1 composition notebook
- 1 plastic folder with brads
- Pencil and/or pen
- Charged Chromebook
- You may NOT leave the classroom to go the bathroom, get a drink or go to -
the nurse unless it is an emergency. The 15-10 rule still applies.
- You must stay in your seat for safety reasons
- If there is adult speaking over the intercom/PA you should be silently
- When visitors walk in, do not disturb them unless they speak to you.
- Be better than your best! Let them see your awesomeness!
- I give DOJO points for awesome kids doing awesome things.
- If you turn something in without a name, it will be thrown away, and you
will be ZAPPED
- EVERYONE will talk to their partner/group. Everyone should participate.
- Failure to turn in classwork/homework/independently read will result in ZAP. :-(
- Make up work will be available on Google Classroom.
- It is your responsibility to complete any missed work.
- I am happy to help you, but it is your responsibility to ask for help.
Call for Attention
- ALL hands go UP tall. No wimpy elbows.
- Your voices are off.
- Your eyes are on who is speaking.
- You DO not speak while someone is speaking.
End of class
- We will rescore our goal at the end of every class in our notebooks.
- All supplies should be put away
- Desk should be sprayed and wiped
- The bell is a reminder to me. It does not dismiss you.
- You will be dismissed when everyone is ready and waiting quietly.